Saturday, April 21, 2007


IS another Great racer,

IS beatiful Wilma Elizabeth McDaniel, picture HERE



went to funeral
in Tulare California yesterday, and glad (though still not 100% sure if she is realy is dead)





had HUGEcircuit, for racer who done it from home. MANY fans. During tributations, Writer of this book calling her and merle Haggard "only two bards of california okie heritage' in fact!

Shwe Brought God to these races without anouncement. strange enough, born 3days before christmas died 5 days after easter. called "lay franciscan" also. Once askt me "I don't want my saints perfect. Thatd be boring, don't you think?


Don't you?"



Wanted answer! I must have thought was too complicated at the time (probly aspiring Boring Saint mysef), don't think i gave a real anser.


SHOULD HAVE!


"remarkbly well adjusted for spinster poet."she thought she was. On a postcard she stuck in one of her books she gave me, she sayd:




Sometimes
an other fool
will see
what I see in
a poem





gonA take a long time to teach methat she is gone

No comments:

needing to know

I came to Minneapolis from southern California this May to help my 88-year-old mother care for my 86-year-old father. He fell last November, and then declined cognitively for a month as his bones healed at a rehab facility under quarantine. He hasn't undeclined. Before retiring in the 1990s, he was a theater critic, & still seems to have some of his self-confidence and wit alongside vascular dementia, Parkinsonisms, incontinence and real trouble walking. Given his otherwise-ok health, he might still have some tolerable years ahead, though with new parameters. My mom's a novelist. She seems made of iron.